Please see the attached information poster regarding support available forRead More
Please note - due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, Blyth Town Council events are cancelled until further notice. Please also check with the specific community groups as due to government advice - these may also be cancelled or postponed.
Blyth Community Volunteers
LITTER PICKS FOR 2020
- - Regular litter picks will be held once a month on a Saturday 10.00 am - 12.00 noon.
- - Tuesdays - 10.00am till 12 noon, meet at the back of the council offices at Arms Evertyne House at 9.50am.
A list of all litter picks (including midweek dates) can be found here.
Other litter picks will be organised at different times and midweek - more information will be posted via Blyth Community Volunteers’ Facebook page here.
Meet in the car park of the Town Council offices (Arms Evertyne House) or catch us in the Market Place - look out for the banner. Equipment will be taken to the Market Place but please bring gardening-type gloves if you have them.
BLYTH BUS STATION
The Town Council and Northumberland County Council, through the Town Forum, have been in discussion with Arriva regarding the maintenance of the bus station area and during this time the Bloom group, Blyth Community Volunteers, approached the Town Council as they were keen to take it on as a project. The Town Council are responsible for the bus shelters and seats and these have all been recently refurbished, however, Arriva are responsible for the maintenance of the planted areas.
After discussing this with our County Council Partnership colleagues it has been agreed with Arriva that the Partnership Team will cut back and clear the planted areas ready for Blyth Community Volunteers to take over with the support, where required, of the Town Council and Partnership.
- Work was carried out on Wednesday 29 January and Blyth Community Volunteers have since taken over. Fantastic work.
Meggie’s Burn Tree Planting 19/20 February
Click here to read a summary of the event from Alison on behalf of Blyth Town Council.
SILX Employability Project & Teen Bar
Do you know someone aged between 16-25?
Do they need support with housing, budgeting, benefits, debt, CV enhancements, work experience or volunteering?
Silx Employability Project work with ages 16-25, 4 days a week to offer support. Free tea, coffee and a toastie for all young people who attend.
Silx Teen Bar sessions also run 5 times per week for young people aged 11-19, offering film nights, karaoke, arts and crafts, pool, trips and various other activities.
Click here for more information and contact details.
Newsham & New Delaval Youth Forum
- Based in Newsham Pavillion - Youth Provision for people aged 11-19 - variety of activities, including arts, outdoor sports, health workshops and cooking skills for young people. Click here for more information and contact details.
Blaze Performing Arts Academy
A new Performing Arts Company based in Blyth. Weekly classes covering ACTING, DRAMA, SINGING! Producing and performing shows to a professional standard.
Click here to view their Facebook page for more information and contact details.
Blyth Man Shed
The Man Shed aims to provide a workshop environment where like-minded men can create, build & socialise. Their workshop isn’t yet up and running however funding and lots of elbow grease are required in the meantime.
They are currently looking out for assistance from ROOFERS - PLUMBERS - BUILDERS - JOINERS - ELECTRICIANS
Click here to see how you can help and get involved.
Blyth Cricket Club
Blyth Cricket Club is at the heart of our community, inspiring and influencing the growth, quality accessibility of cricket in our area.
The club has a number of teams from Under 9’s age group, girls, womens and adults. Coaching is available for all members.
All ages and abilities are welcome to join the club.
Connecting Communities Blyth
- Blyth Trakkies (formerly known as Briardale Trakkies) who are making a model of Blyth Railway Station, have moved to a new address at the Kings Head on Bridge Street. Meetings take place between 10am-12noon every Tuesday.
- Coffee and Quiz Morning @ Nye Bevan House, Blyth - monthly every 2nd Tuesday between 10:30am - 12noon **
- Coffee and Quiz Morning @ Bob Elliot House, Blyth - monthly every 3rd Tuesday between 10:30am - 12noon **
**Anyone from outside of the sheltered accommodation can attend.
Click here to view their Facebook page for more information on upcoming events.
St Cuthbert’s Church Activities
Blyth Town Council are happy to promote any community interests on this page. Contact us via email if you have any submissions, email@example.com