Please see the attached information poster regarding support available forRead More
These pages have been set up to help keep you informed as to updates on services, community involvement and government advice.
Please use the official links provided for guidance and avoid social media information.
See below for NHS Health Advice and Bereavement Guidance (provided by Northumberland County Council)
The NHS has some simple advice to avoid catching or spreading COVID-19:
- - Stay at home if you have a high temperature, or a new continuous cough. More information can be found here – www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/selfisolation-advice
- - Wash your hands with soap and warm water often – do this for at least 20 seconds.
- - Always wash your hands when you get home or into work.
- - Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- - When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve. Do not sneeze into your hands if at all possible.
- - Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards.
- - If you are an agile worker, wipe down your desk or equipment when you have finished with them.
- - Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital if you have symptoms of coronavirus unless you are in immediate danger.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do instead.
Click here to access 111 online and check your symptoms.
There are many organisations that can help with bereavement, providing both practical and emotional support.
During this difficult time, it is important to seek help where necessary.
This bereavement guide has been prepared by a group of registration officers employed in Northumberland. The aim is to give helpful advice and guidance to relatives who have recently suffered the loss of a loved one.
Click here to access the Bereavement Guide provided by Northumberland County Council.