Please see the attached information poster regarding support available forRead More
COVID-19 - Useful Contacts
We have listed some useful contacts that are providing support, guidance and professional help during the COVID-19 crisis.
Click here to view a full list of Citizen’s Advice contact details - updated July 2020.
As a result of COVID-19 isolation measures, bereaved people may have to deal with increased trauma, and may be cut off from some of their usual support network. Those who are already struggling with bereavement, or whose relatives or friends die through other causes will also be affected.
Cruse Bereavement Care have put together a selection of resources to share how bereavement and grief may be affected by this pandemic. It covers some of the different situations and emotions bereaved people may have to deal with.
Click here to access a Bereavement Guide - to help with the loss of a loved one and professional support available. (Provided by Northumberland County Council)
- One Call Service
- 01670 536400 - 24/7 365 days a year
- Please note - this telephone number is not for food parcels.
- If you are worried about a child or adult’s immediate welfare, who lives in Northumberland, contact Northumberland County Counci’s One Call Service.
- Onecall brings together adult social care and healthcare staff from the NHS Foundation Trust with Northumberland County Council staff from children’s services, and partners in Northumbria Police. Their priority is providing help at the earliest opportunity before the situation becomes more serious.
- Community Response Hub
- - 01670 620015 - Between 9am to 6pm, seven days a week.
- - If you are struggling with managing at home and need support for basic things like food, and have been unable to get help from family, friends or local community groups, the council has set up a Community Response Hub as part of Northumberland Communities Together
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancer Patient Support
Click here to access helpful support and advice from NHS Cancer Patient Support.
You can still access telephone support via 01670 855533 if you need a chat or some general advice and support.
Help is also available from Macmillan Cancer Support on 0808 808 00 00 or Samaritans on 116123.
Domestic Abuse Support
Domestic abuse is unacceptable in any situation, no matter what stresses you are under.
This guidance highlights help and support available to you and how the government is working with the charity sector and the police to ensure that these support services remain open during this challenging time.
- - Please visit Safe Lives for information regarding Domestic Abuse and COVID-19.
- - Click here to see their “Safety Planning Guide For Victims and Survivors During COVID-19”
If you are affected by coronavirus or its effect on the economy, there is a wide range of support available.
Click here to learn more about claiming benefits during the coronavirus outbreak. This page includes information about statutory sick pay, universal credit, jobcentre appointments, and more.
- - Northumberland Emergency Transition Support (NETS) Northumberland Emergency Transition Support (NETS) provides crisis support to residents of Northumberland - 0345 6006400
- - Northumberland Community Bank If residents are otherwise experiencing hardship but are not entitled to benefits they may choose to contact the Northumberland Community Bank - 01670 522779
- - Citizens Advice Debt/Money/Financial Capability & Energy/Fuel Poverty - 01670 339960
- - Universal Credit Citizen’s Advice Helpline - 0800 1448444 (9.00am - 5.00pm Mon-Fri)