Blyth Town Council and Northumberland County Council work together toRead More
Weekly Operational Schedule
Blyth Town Council and Northumberland County Council work together to provide core and enhanced environmental services in Blyth.
This page will be updated weekly to include all scheduled neighbourhood services within your area:
This week we plan to undertake grass cutting in the following areas:
- BLY-O01 - Cowpen Road
- BLY-O02 - Bebside
- BLY-O03 - Cowpen Estate
- BLY-BW07 - Kings Head Field
- BLY-BW08 - Fergusons Field
- BLY-Y01 - Cowpen Quay
- BLY-T01 - Rotary Way Roadside
- BLY-T02 - South Newsham Rd
- BLY-T03 - Meggies Burn
- BLY-T04 - South Beach Pub PF (incl rear Heron Cl)
- BLY-T05 - Big Field (South Beach)
- BLY-T06 - Mulberry Playground Field
- BLY-T10 - Eleventh Ave Field
- BLY-T11 - Gallaghers Field (Newsham)
- BLY-T12 - Hallside to Nisa Shops
- BLY-T23 - Broadway Field
This week we plan to undertake weed spraying in the following areas:
- King’s, Queen’s and Prince’s Gardens.
This week we plan to undertake mechanical sweeping in the following areas:
- Blyth_1 Chase Farm
- Blyth_2 Bebside/Kitty B
- Blyth_3 Tynedale/Briardale
- Blyth_4 Swaledale/Devonworth
- Blyth_12 Edward/Wanley St
- Blyth_13 Harper/Claremont Tce
- Blyth_14 Bondicar/Princess L
- Blyth_15 Coomassie/Croft rd
- Blyth_23 Alconbury Cl/Fairfield Ave
- Blyth_24 Gateley Rd/ Dunkfield Cl
- Blyth_25 Lapwing Cl/Osprey Dr
This week we plan to undertake extra street cleansing in the following zones:
- Factory site, Maple Cres and Glendale Ave areas
- Front St., Adsa Est, Tynedale Drive, Monkdale Est.
- Devonworth Place, Brierly Rd, Hallside areas
- Hodgsons Road area
- Hodgsons Road to Wright Street area
- Bowes Court to Waterloo Road area
- Bondicar Terrace to Kingsway areas
- Newsham Farm
- Newsham Est, Benridge Park areas
- Newsham area, South Newsham Road, Fulmar Drive areas
This week we plan to undertake bin emptying as per the weekly schedule:
- Town Centres Daily - 7 visits per week (1 per day)
- Parks - Summer 7 visits per week (1 per day) / 2 visits per week
- Shop fronts / high profile areas - 3 visits per week
- All other bins - 1/2 visits per week (depending on location)
The full bin emptying schedule can be viewed on the following link:
Weekly Schedule Document Download
This week playgrounds will be inspected in accordance with our schedule:
Axwell Drive, Briardale Road, Lindsay Avenue, Ogle Drive/Isabella Skate Park, Burns Avenue, North Farm
Bowes Street, Broadway, St Johns Muga, Millfield gardens
Cottingwood Green, Laverock Place, Mulberry Close play area and x fit gym, South Beach teen trail, Newsham Farm.
Fixed Operational Schedule
All litter bins are emptied at least once a week and bins in higher footfall areas are emptied more frequently.
All grassed areas are regularly cut, and this is programmed to be completed on a fortnightly basis throughout the grass cutting season. This is reviewed on a weekly basis throughout the season and programmed around exceptional weather conditions.
Blyth Town Council bus shelters are cleansed and inspected monthly. All maintenance issues reported are programmed in to be completed at the earliest opportunity.
All play areas are inspected on a weekly basis with all inspection reports submitted directly to Blyth Town Council electronically by ROSPA & RPII registered inspectors.
All play areas also receive programmed quarterly and annual independent inspections.
Maintenance issues identified from all inspections are acted upon immediately with appropriate action taken to rectify and replace defected equipment parts and surfaces.
Temporary quarantine of individual pieces of equipment or play area closures may be required depending on the extent of the works required to rectify any issues.
It is planned to complete a minimum of 2 weed spraying programmes across all areas throughout the year.
Achieving successful and complete weed spraying can become problematic if parked vehicles or other obstructions prevent adequate treatments to take place.
Other issues which play a part in delivering a successful treatment programme include avoiding wet and windy conditions.